Five Tips For Finding A Reputable Auto Body Shop
An auto body garage could detail your car, buff and polish the existing paint, or give it an entirely new paint job. If you have a windshield or other glass that suffers damage, an auto body and glass repair shop could replace it with a new piece. The many useful services that auto body shops provide their customers make them indispensable.
The best auto body collision shops near me also do insurance work that repairs damaged and insured cars. Collisions, hailstones, vandals, and many other perils could damage a vehicle. If you are in an accident and suffer body damage, an auto body technician near me can repair dents and handle insurance work as needed.
Many auto body shops focus only on paint and auto body repairs. But a collision often will include mechanical damage. An auto body and repair shop near me can do mechanical repairs as well as auto body collision repairs.
The mechanical work usually is done prior to the full bodywork and applying new paint where needed. A combination auto body shop and engine repair garage that goes quality work is a great asset. Some might even provide customers with a free car rental service.
It can be tough to get the best with little or no knowledge about the body shop’s qualities to look for. The search for legitimate auto body parts starts with hunting for the right auto body custom shop. To ensure you get reliable auto collision body repair services, look for an auto body shop with experienced staff.
Ask for the academic credentials of the employees of the auto body shop you intend to hire. With this, you have assurance that your vehicle is in safe hands. Owing to the widespread internet use, it is easy to locate top-notch auto body shops. Surf the web to view several auto body shop websites for comparison. This is an ideal way to identify the best auto body shop deals near you. Look into the reviews of past customers before making a decision. Select an auto body shop that has good positive feedback and client reviews.
Ensure that the auto body shop you choose accepts your insurance: for convenience and quick settling of your claim. The ideal auto body shop seeks to establish long-term relationships with customers. This can be seen by considering the web traffic at the website of the auto body shop.
A shop with high traffic indicates high clientele retention. Such a shop guarantees top-notch auto body shop services.
No matter where you are or what you’re doing, there’s always the potential for an accident to occur.
That’s especially true if you’re driving. According to Statistica, there were more than 200 million licensed drivers in the United States and with so many drivers, the probability for an accident increases, particularly with distracted drivers. No matter where you travel, the average person experiences three to four car accidents in their lifetime.
No one wants to be involved in a car accident, but they happen whether we want them to or not. There are approximately six million car accidents in the United States each year. There were nearly two million rear end collisions in 2014 alone, accounting for nearly a third of all crashes that year.
Whether you’ve been involved in an accident and need collision repair or need some vehicle maintenance, it’s important to find reputable auto body services. Finding the right auto body shop can sure that whatever collision repair your car needs will be done right.
Here are five tips to help you find the right auto body shop:
- Ask Questions: When it comes to choosing the right auto body shop, don’t just walk in to a place ready to pay whatever it takes to fix your problem. Find out if a particular auto body shop offers a warranty in writing. If it does, find out how long the warranty is for. Find out if the place has fire and theft insurance and find out what kinds of services it offers to customer.Whether your car needs collision repair or not, there’s a good chance your car needs some kind of fix-up, even if it’s just painting a car. In a recent survey, research found that an estimated 77 percent of cars were in need of maintenance or repairs. There are four main causes of auto body damage: weather, negligence, fender benders and high-speed collisions. A good body shop offers all kinds of services from painting a car to glass repair, engine work or bumper repair, you need to find out what services a body shop offers.
- Get Estimates: When it comes to collision repair, some auto body shops will look for whatever they can find to fix on your car, especially if they have a higher overhead. Insurance and deductibles obviously play a large role in paying for collision repair, but for other repairs you want to do all you can to avoid overcharges. Getting estimates from several body shops is a good way to price shop and make sure you can get the most for your money. The last thing you want is to get stuck with a huge bill for a service like painting a car.
- Location and Overhead: When it comes to collision repair or any other kind of car repair, customers end up paying big bucks for labor hours. Depending on where you live, this could mean you might pay anywhere from $40-90 per hour. Body shops and auto repair places use guidelines to estimate the time needed for common repairs like painting a car and windshield repair, but higher-end shops can have a higher overhead and end up charging for everything.
- Get Recommendations: Finding an auto body shop can be as easy as getting a recommendation from a friend. That recommendation might not be the biggest auto body shop or the flashiest, but you can feel comfortable knowing that the auto body shop you end up at is highly recommended.
- Go With Your Gut: Before plunking down a large amount of money for a care repair, make sure that you’re making the best choice as far as choosing your auto body shop. If something doesn’t feel right, chances are it’s because something might be off about the shop. Ultimately you want a place that’s going to take care of your car for whatever repairs you need. By trusting your intuition you’ll end up happier.
As careful as you might be on the road, accidents happen more frequently than we would like. If you’ve been involved in an accident and you’re in need of collision repair for your car, take time to find a reputable spot, get several estimates and make sure everything seems in order before spending a tone of money.