Transmission Problems 5 Signs to Look For
If you have a vehicle with an automatic transmission and are experiencing any of the following symptoms, it’s time to get your car checked out by a professional mechanic for potential auto transmission repairs.
• Your engine is running hot: If your engine is running hot, this could indicate a problem with your transmission. The transmission fluid should always stay cool to the touch. If it gets too hot, you must take your car to the auto shop immediately.
• You hear grinding noises coming from your transmission: Grinding sounds can indicate that something isn’t working properly inside your transmission. This could mean that your gears aren’t meshing correctly or that your clutch plate needs replacing.
• There is excessive vibration when driving: Vibration while driving is another sign that your transmission may not be functioning properly. Vibrations can also cause damage to your transmission if they become too severe.
• Your check engine light comes on: A check engine light means that your computer has detected a problem with one of your components. It’s important to make sure that all of your lights come on before taking your car into the shop.
• Your car won’t start at all: This is probably the most serious symptom because it means that your transmission is potentially completely ruined. You should consider calling a professional mechanic if your car does not start.