Are You in the Market for a New Car for Your Family?
You spend the weekend comparing Ram trucks to other possible purchases that you are considering. From Dodge cars to Ram trucks you have climbed in and out of both new and used models, taken test drives to and from various other popular areas in the city, and calculating the financing options for each of the possible purchases. Finding the right vehicle to be the fourth car in your family is important. Two of the cars that you have are already paid in full and have quite a few miles on them, but the third car that you have is new and you are still making payments. You want to make sure that this new car is very reliable, but also within your price range.
You want to have a car that will work for all of the drivers in your family, although you intent that your oldest daughter will be driving it for these last two years in college, as well as when she heads off to graduate school. You are very tempted to purchase one of the new vehicles you are looking at, but you are also checking out the used vehicle options too. Whether you end up purchasing one of the new Ram trucks, or you find a great used car that meets your needs, it has been a fun process that the entire family has enjoyed.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the new and used car business and how the buying and selling of these products impact the American economy:
- 54% of the used cars in 2015 were three years old or younger, according to reports from Edmunds.com.
- Typically, banks do not give you a loan for a car older than four or five years.
- The average price of a used car in the year 2016 was $19,189. This was a 3.4% increase from the year 2015.
- There were 9.81 million total used-vehicle sales in the first quarter of 2015, according to Edmunds.
- Americans drive their cars and trucks an average of over 10,000 miles a year and get an oil change every 3,000 miles.
- Nearly 40 million used cars exchange hands each year, between private-party and dealership sales.
If your family is in the process of adding another car to your family, you have likely had lots of experience with test drives and discussions about finances. Whether you decide to purchase a new or used vehicle, finding the car with the right features and the right price is always the goal.