Used Cars for Sale Require Careful Attention to Detail
This latest vacation to Canada was more of an adventure than you expected.
On the way up north the second sun roof over the passenger seats exploded and blew out! One of the car dealers in Grand Forks did a crash repair on it by putting cardboard, plastic wrap, and duct tape over the hole. That got us to Winnipeg just fine. Unfortunately, on the way home yesterday, the tape started ripping off so your husband stopped and just took everything off. He was afraid the cardboard would fly off and cause an accident. There you were going 75 miles an hour and it is 95 degrees outside and you have a hole in the roof of the car! It was a noisy, breezy, and hot ride for over 500 miles. We had the air conditioning on, but with the heat coming in it was still hot in the car. Fortunately, it did not rain. You do not know what you would have done.
Fortunately, when the glass broke the slider panel for the sun roof was closed so no glass came in the car. Now your husband is dealing with the car dealer ordering the parts and scheduling the repair. No one can explain why the glass popped, the best guess is faulty glass or installation. At that point in the trip, however, only had 200 miles on your new vehicle. Although all of the car dealers in town are completely puzzled by what could have caused the glass to blow out, you know for a fact that how your dealership handles this problem will determine future purchases that you will make and future service appointments that you will schedule.
When It Comes to Cars, There Is Always Something That Needs Attention
Keeping the family cars safe and running can seem like a big job. Unless you are privileged enough to always be driving new cars, keeping the fleet of cars running and maintained for a family of four requires organization and attention to detail. From looking for the best cars for sale at the right price to making sure that oil is changed and tire pressure is checked, cars that are driven on a daily basis are more reliable if you follow the guidelines from the car manufacture and follow all maintenance guidelines. Even if you made your used car purchase from an auto dealership you may have some documentation that will let you know how often the car has been serviced in the past and you can follow those guidelines in your own maintenance schedule. In fact, when you are looking at used cars for sale a thorough record of previous maintenance is a good indicator that the car was well cared for by its previous owner.
Car dealers always want to make a sale, but as a consumer it is important that you ask all of the right questions so that you know you understand the kind of vehicle you are purchasing. Consider some of these facts and figures about the new and used cars market in America:
- The Ford F-series has been America’s best-selling truck for 40 consecutive years since its launch in 1977. This statistic is as of the year 2017.
- The average vehicle in America will have three owners in its lifetime.
- 60.6% of vehicle sales in the U.S. were light trucks. In fact, in the year 2016 light trucks sales increased more than 7%. Car sales that same year made up 39.4% of sales.
- Between car dealership sales and private-party transactions, nearly 40 million used cars exchange hands every single year in America.
- 69% of families planning to travel in the next year are planning a road trip, according to AAA.
- More than 20 million vehicles on the road by the year 2021 will be over 25 years old, according to IHS Markit research.